We're here to help with your solar questions.
With expert knowledge in mind, we’ve created the Solar Knowledge Hub. It is here we explore the benefits of solar power, how solar systems work, renewable energy innovations such as electric vehicles, off-grid tips, the latest solar energy news from around the world and the ways in which it affects our local community.
Take a look around and check back regularly – we’re always trying to help spread the word, so there’s regularly something new posted here.
- Three reasons 2023 is a great year to invest in SolarIt’s always a good time to invest in solar, but 2023 is looking like a great year for solar. Here are three reasons why. 1. Increasing strain on National Grid Electricity demand in New Zealand is increasing for a range of reasons. This includes a growing population, an increase in electric heating, ... Read more
- Recommended energy retailers for solar & battery storagePicking the right energy retailer can make all the difference when it comes to getting the most from your solar system. When deciding, think about whether your main objectives are: Environmental Financial Simplicity Also, think about what’s going to work with your setup. Do you have solar only or solar and a battery? Think about ... Read more
- How Sustainable Are Solar Panels?We believe Solar has a huge part to play if New Zealand is to meet it’s 2025 target of 90% renewable energy. You may have heard some myths like, ‘solar panels take more energy to make than they produce’, or, ‘the carbon footprint of solar panels is more than the carbon ... Read more
- Solar & Batteries for new buildsSolar is something most people think about when building. If you or someone you know is building new, it makes sense to start thinking of your home’s energy needs. In this article, we will give you a run through of what you should think about when it comes to planning solar ... Read more
- Virtual power plants, Micro grids and Embedded networks?Microgrids, Virtual Power Plants (VPP) and Embedded Network Solutions have been talking points lately. I’ll give you a rundown of what these are and how they can be useful. What are they? Virtual Power Plants (VPP) Already in use in other countries such as Australia, and the UK, Virtual Power Plants could be ... Read more
- How to read your power billPower bills are challenging to make head or tail of – they are confusing to read, let alone interpret what they mean. Hopefully here’s where we can help you understand your power bill, and also show you how solar can assist in reducing it. What charges make up my power bill? No ... Read more
- Electric Vehicle Charging - FAQsWe get asked more and more often about electric EV charging. So we have put together a list of some of the questions we often hear. Where can an EV charger be installed? Most EV chargers are capable of being installed inside or outside. The most important consideration is to install it somewhere ... Read more
- Case Study: Valli WineFrom 1930s Central Otago shearing shed to solar-powered sanctuary in the vines The Central Otago sun is a key ingredient in the production of Valli Vineyard’s award-winning Pinot Noir. So for winemaker Grant Taylor and his wife Nicole, tapping into this golden resource to power production beyond the vine just makes ... Read more
- Is solar panel efficiency important?There is lots of talk about how efficient different solar panels are. Does efficiency really matter and if so, when does efficiency matter? Solar panel efficiency is a measure of how much of the sun’s light hitting a certain surface area is converted into usable electricity. This is measured in a ... Read more
- What are the different types of solar systems?Grid-Tied Solar A grid-tied solar system consists of solar panels and a grid-tied solar inverter. This is the most common form of solar installed throughout the world. The solar system generates electricity, this electricity is used in the home and the excess is sent back out to the grid. If the ... Read more